Writing off StaffMe UP subscription plan??

Hey guys:

Just wondering if you are allowed to write off your monthly subscription plan to job/networking sites like StaffMe Up, Film/TV Pro, and etc. I know you can't do that for union membership fees so I wasn't sure if you could do that for this.

Also, if you can, how would you print out the bill/invoice from this website? Thanks in advance!

-Pat

Comments

• I always write off my staff me up subscription. It's a business expense says the tax lady

• @Ryan Baustian said:
    I always write off my staff me up subscription. It's a business expense says the tax lady

Thank you!! Is there any way to print out the Staffme Up invoice/bill from this website?

• I write any and everything that is a tax deduction and Uncle Sam said this is a deduction.

• One can use a print screen program (snagit or Windows Snippet) to record the receipt. I do this for my Ebay expenses.

• I also write mine off, but I don't necessarily print the invoice from the website, I just track it in my own accounts. The IRS doesn't necessarily need a copy of the invoice in an audit, but they do need to be able to track the expense accurately. I usually catalog everything using Mint.com.

• edited September 16

I have a very aggressive accountant, who has saved me a ton of money in taxes through write offs- This kind of subscription was no brainer for him to write off as it's an obvious business expense- What else can it be for? If you were paying for Staff me up and not using it for work then I would question your sanity and maybe suggest you still write it off as a medical expense!

Oh and Patrick- yes you can write off union dues under memberships and professional affiliations.